B & M Automotive & Diesel Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Knoxville, TN.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also B & M Automotive & Diesel Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
I was desperate to find a locally-owned quality repair shop I could TRUST to take care of my cars. After many disappointing experiences elsewhere, I went to B & M and WOW! Bob, the owner for 30 years, is thoughtful, considerate, thorough & a true master of his profession. Marty is quick to recognize a problem & communicate issues clearly in simple terms that are easy to understand. He also has a fun & witty sense of humor which certainly helps when you're stressed about car problems! They finish repairs ON TIME & CORRECTLY, and always return calls quickly. Bob insists on using only PROVEN QUALITY PARTS, & rates are always reasonable. What else could you possibly want from a repair shop?! I'm SO grateful to find this one!!!
Miki Hammat, 04/12/2021
My parents are in from NY and were having car trouble so I recommended B & M because they have fixed my car in the past. I find them to be honest and have reasonable prices. I say honest because I had a brake problem that another mechanic quoted me at $600 but at the time I couldn't afford so I brought my car to B & M for just an oil change. When I drove off I noticed the brakes felt like they were working properly again so I looked at the invoice from B & M and noticed they replaced a simple brake hose at no charge! The staff is very kind and welcoming and the owner Bob was there to greet us. They fixed my parents car and had them back on the road in no time. This place is a hidden gem. We will definitely be loyal customers for life now :)
Angel R. - Knoxville, TN
Great service and work at B &M auto. The owner is great and is all about service. Entire mechanic staff is very good and you will get the job you need done right. i take all my mechanic work there and never disappointed. They are honest and do very good work, try them you will be back! Thanks Bob and staff!
David T. - Knoxville, TN