B & M Automotive & Diesel Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Knoxville, TN.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also B & M Automotive & Diesel Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Discover More About Technician Opportunities At B & M Automotive & Diesel Service in Knoxville
I really appreciate these guys! After moving from out of state and having a solid mechanic you have trusted for over 14 years, it's like having to find a new doctor too! I am so thankful I found these guys! They have been so helpful and honest every single time! When I first moved here, I worked for UPS using my vehicle out of Oliver Springs. Let's just say that was not good. I've had issues ever since. Going up and down mountains was hard on my vehicle, and unfortunately, my light came on. I knew it was the transmission. I took it in, and they went thru it and told me they would check out everything they could and get back to me. Sadly, it was my transmission. They were super kind, and we decided it would be better to just get another vehicle, and they agreed. I really appreciate their honesty and hard work! Like I told them when I left...I will be back with the new vehicle because I know I found my mechanics for life here in Tennessee!
Thank you B&M Automotive! They are Honest, Experienced, and affordable! The first place that I took it to said that I needed another motor and boy were they wrong. I'm glad that I found B&M and they were quick to let me know that I did not need another motor. They knew exactly what it was and had it fixed in no time. I highly recommend them!